Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 2

I've already had to make an adjustment to my plan.  Being a Pescetarian, I usually don't eat a lot of animal protein.  Trying to follow this plan with only fish and eggs as protein options for three meals per day is not going to work for me.  After looking at mercury in tuna and realizing that many other types of fish have mercury as well, it doesn't make good health sense for me to eat so much seafood.  So I'm reverting to the Vegetarian version of the Whole 30 Plan which will allow me to add a couple of vegetable protein options.  Ahhh, there.  I feel much better now.  More freedom, this decision makes me happy!

BREAKFAST:

Persian Cucumbers
LUNCH:
Spinach Arugula Salad w/ Tofu
Heaping handful of baby spinach
Heaping handful of arugula
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 Tbsp mayo fail dressing (see yesterday's post ;)
1 tsp olive oil
Sprouted Extra Firm Tofu (I use Trader Joe's)
celery salt, to taste

Pan fry cubed tofu in 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. While tofu is cooking, combine all veggies in a bowl and drizzle with dressing.  Top with tofu and serve.

DINNER:
Salmon Patty Over Zucchini Noodles

2 tsp olive oil
1 can salmon
1/4 c onions, chopped
1 egg
sea salt & pepper, to taste
1 medium zucchini, spiral sliced
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 small carrot, diced
1 Tbsp mayo fail dressing
Herbamare, to taste

Noodles:  Spiral slice a zucchini and top with carrots and tomatoes.  Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Herbamare. 
Salmon Patties: Mix 1 can salmon (clean out skin/bones if desired), chopped onions, egg and salt & pepper in a bowl and mix well.  Form into 3-4 patties.  Pan fry on medium heat in olive oil until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.  (Salmon Patty recipe serves 2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment