Hard Boiled Eggs
Cucumbers
Watermelon
Trying to be creative with my presentation. Was a surprisingly satisfying meal.
LUNCH:
Broccoli Salad
2 cups raw broccoli
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 Tbsp raisins
Sauce
1 cup plain 2% greek yogurt*
2 Tbsp mayo fail dressing
1 date
Herbamare to taste
Garnish
2 radishes, quartered
Combine broccoli, onions and raisins in a bowl. Blend yogurt, dressing, date and Herbamare in a blender until incorporated. Mix yogurt sauce into broccoli and onions and top with radishes.
*I chose to use 2% greek style yogurt because of the higher protein content. I'm not sure that this is actually an "allowed" food on the Whole 30 program, as the shopping list recommended Organic full-fat plain yogurt, which I was not able to find at the supermarket I was shopping at.
DINNER:
Curry w/ Sweet Potato Hash and Edamame
Hash
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 sweet potato, shredded and finely chopped
sea salt
Curry
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups kale, chopped
7 crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 can light coconut milk*
2-3 kafir lime leaves**
1 tsp curry powder
Kosher salt
Side
1 cup edamame in pod
Cook finely chopped sweet potato and a pinch of sea salt in olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. About 10 minutes. Hash serves 1-2
Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, kale and sea salt to taste. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Add whole can of coconut milk and curry powder. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Curry serves 4.
Thaw edamame in advance, or soak in warm water 5-10 minutes to thaw. Side of in pod edamame (I use Trader Joe's frozen: fully cooked edamame w/ sea salt).
*I chose Trader Joe's light coconut milk over the full-fat coconut cream due to the additives in the cream version (light coconut milk ingredients: coconut milk, water)
**Kafir lime leaves make the flavor of this curry amazing! I get these at Asian markets, usually in the freezer section. Just ask, it's worth the effort to go get them!



No comments:
Post a Comment