A whole health journey means transforming not only the way I eat and how much I exercise but also the way I think, what I allow to motivate me and how I respond to challenges in my life. I've recently come to realize just how much I am motivated by fear, particularly in the area of my health.
Here are some lies (based in fear) that I've been believing about myself:
- There's no point in trying new weight loss plans because every time I do I fail (I can't stand to fail again)
- I can't buy new clothes for myself because I haven't lost weight (I don't deserve them until I lose weight)
- Eating healthy is too expensive (there won't be enough money to pay for diet changes)
- Following a healthy eating plan will make me feel restricted (I will lose my freedom to choose)
- It's too hard (I don't have the willpower to be healthy)
The Truth is:
- my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and it's worth the risk of failure to pursue success
- God loves me, therefore I will love me
- The Lord is my provider, when I steward well I can trust Him to provide a way
- discipline brings freedom! life! fruit!
- all things are possible with Christ who gives me strength
This really is just the beginning. I can do this. It isn't going to be easy. God is with me, He believes in me more than I believe in myself, and He will give me grace to accomplish goals to overcome this thing that has plagued me for too much of my life!
Fear simply is not my friend. It's up to me to recognize when I'm operating out of fear and choose to look fear in the face and say, "I choose peace, I choose love, I choose joy, and I choose God." I CAN do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment